It is no surprise on how the very own independent system of digital currency by the name bitcoin has reached the heights of success. We have heard about this phenomenon but, is it possible for commoners like us to purchase bitcoins without having a bank account?
Reviving your hopes, the answer is a yes and to add to your joy there are a total of 6 methods. Below we will purchase bitcoins without a bank account, and guide you through how to do the same. We list the pros and cons of each product so that you easily can find the right one for you and your needs. Before going into the best ways, we will go through briefly what we think you should consider when picking an exchange.
What to Consider When Picking Exchange
Fees are our top 1 priority when we decide on which to list first. We see so many people getting ripped off daily by exchanges that offer premium prices, for a sloppy experience (not even a “premium experience” should offer premium prices). We want to buy bitcoin as low as possible so that we 1) can make profit easier and 2) so that we can buy more products/services later on when our bitcoins are worth bazillions.
The security of buying BTC is important as well. We do not want to end up being one of those people who gets scammed or hacked later on. We only list exchanges that have invested heavily in their security and provide good support through the journey of purchasing Bitcoin for the first time. If the exchange got our back when we mess up, we will stay loyal and keep using their service for years to come – only a matter of exchanges seem to get this though.
This one is a bit tricky when buying Bitcoin without a bank acc since most exchanges here are peer-to-peer, which means that you are dealing with people selling their own bitcoins – not a big company. Once their bitcoins are finito, you will need to find another seller. This is not a problem since there are a lot of sellers offering cash deposits or other types of methods of payment.
Now that you know what you should look out after, we will list the best exchanges below.
Top 6 Ways to Buy Bitcoin without a Bank Account 2019
LocalBitcoins provides an escrow service and offers a number of payment methods for buying bitcoin with no bank account. Cash deposit, Amazon gift card etc. are all offered on top of many other payment methods.
- Using this method seems to be less time consuming as it is private which indicates it is fast and easy to use giving the customer an advantage. After the agreement has been made, the user can make the cash deposit and obtain the bitcoin.
- Users should be warned about scammers as they are not bound by any document, Localbitcoins only acts as a marketplace which connects the buyers with sellers.
- Due to the privacy being offered to the users, it would charge significantly higher compared to the regular exchanges. This can be an added expense one has to bear.
- Due to the personal services being provided through this method, it is harder to buy large amounts of bitcoins compared to large exchanges wherein you can buy using your bank account.
BitQuick provides escrow between buyers and sellers. Payments are made via cash deposit at bank locations across the U.S., and via SEPA transfer in the EU. Your coins will usually be delivered in less than two hours if payment was made via cash deposit.
- One of the fastest ways to buy a bitcoin as the agreement is between buyers and sellers via banks across the US and, if inside Europe, using SEPA transfers.
- In addition, it is more secure compared to other cash payment methods as one pays money to a bank teller.
- 2% fees can appear as “costly expenditure” for cash trading.
- Prices vary and can be much higher than the current Bitcoin price. Yet again, an extra you might need to bear if you want to buy bitcoin without a bank account.
3. Wall of Coins
Wall of Coins is a peer to peer exchange, among the many payment options they offer is cash deposit the most prominent options. There are over 100,000 deposit locations available across the United States. Also, other locations include Canada, Germany, Poland, Argentina, Latvia, Poland, and the Philippines. You can expect your bitcoins in 15 minutes once the cash deposit is made.
- Easy way to purchase bitcoins
- The process is hassle-free and doesn’t require a lot of your private information. You are good to go if you provide them with your phone number before the transaction.
- Currently limited to 12 countries
- Hard to find sellers offering high volume.
4. Liberty X
With Liberty X you can purchase Bitcoin with cash at a number of retail stores across the United States. You’ll have to verify your identity before buying, thus less private than some of the other options. You can buy up to $1000 worth of bitcoin using Liberty Xdaily.
- Easy and fast way to buy bitcoins with cash
- Low 1.5% (plus store fee) rate for cash purchase method
- Daily $1000 limit is fairly high for a convenience service
- Participating stores add their own variable fee
- Some verification is required which lowers the expected privacy level of cash purchase
- Attaching your social media accounts further degrades privacy
5. Bitcoin ATM
Coin ATM Radar helps you find Bitcoin ATMs in your area, where you can buy bitcoins with cash and no bank account.
- Using Satellite navigation systems to find a nearby Bitcoin ATMs.
- Bitcoin ATMs often have 5-10% fees per purchase, therefore, increases the cost of purchase.
6. Mycelium Local Trader
Mycelium is a Bitcoin wallet for iOS and Android. The Android version of the app has a “local trader” feature that helps connect you with locals who are selling Bitcoin. You can arrange to meet face-to-face and buy bitcoin with cash (or any other type of payment method you both agree on).
- Easy and cheap way to buy bitcoins with cash
- A private way to buy bitcoins, no personal information required beyond a mobile number.
- Users in exiguous populated areas will have trouble finding sellers
Overall, there are several other methods as well such as Paxwell, Bitcoin-OTC,BitQuick; depending on the country you are from you can look into the options we have listed above. We assure you that these options won’t disappoint you, and you will find the best way to buy bitcoin w/o bank account no matter what your specific needs are. Good luck!